Here is a list I keep handy of useful software. All software on this page is at the very least freeware, if not fully open source.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- COMODO Firewall
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Open Broadcast Software - Open Source screencast and game demo recording software.
- Puppet - Puppet is an open source server management tool used to centralize and standardize control over many servers.
- Varnish - Varnish is a caching software used on web servers to speed up serving of pages.
- NewRelic - NewRelic is a software company that runs a set of tools for testing website and server performance.
- CSF Firewall - CSF is a simple to configure intrusion detection system and firewall for GNU/Linux.
- Postfix - Postfix is a popular mail transport service software for GNU/Linux.
- Sendmail - Sendmail is another popular mail transport service software for GNU/Linux.
- Gogs - The Go Git Service. An open source git hosting solution written in the Go programming language.